Admission Requirements for University Level Studies in Qatar
The admission requirements and procedure for higher education in Qatar varies depending on the higher education institution and the study level - Undergraduate, Master’s or PhD. Read on to know about the admission requirements for undergraduate and graduate studies in Qatar:
For Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Students must have completed secondary education and hold a secondary education completion certificate (general, technical, commercial or religious), or an equivalent qualification.
Minimum Score Requirements
- American College Test (ACT): 24
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-general math component): 550
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 500
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): 5.5
Prospective students must fill an admission application form. The universities in Qatar generally have an online admission application system. After filling the form, pay the required application fee and submit the following documents to the university:
- Certified high school transcripts
- English language proficiency certificates: TOEFL/IELTS
- Standardized test scores/certificates- SAT or ACT exam
- Health certificate
- Personal statement: It should be of maximum 500 words. It should include the reasons for applying to the particular programme and institution, and also how will it contribute to their future goals.
- 2 passport size photographs
- A valid copy of identity proof: For Qatar candidates- Qatar identity card; and for international students- copy of passport
- Recommendation letter: At least two; the letter should come from the teacher/counselor.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): The CV must have academic details, extracurricular and academic accomplishments, awards and honors, volunteer work, skills and personal talents.
For Graduate Studies
Graduate studies in Qatar comprises of diploma, masters and doctorate programmes. Admission requirements vary by programme.
- For admission to diploma studies, students must hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 2.00.
- For admission to master’s degree programme, students must hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 2.80 or above
- For admission to PhD programme, students must hold a master’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.0
Standardized Score Requirements
English language proficiency accepted score: Applicants are required to prove their level of command in English.
- TOEFL paper-based: 520
- TOEFL computer based: 190
- TOEFL iBT: 68
- IELTS: 6.0
The score requirements may vary from university to university.
Applicants must fill an application form and submit it to the university along with the required documents. You can fill the form online and upload the required documents. Pay the required application fee as a part of the admission process.
Submit the following documents to the university:
- Application form: Completely filled
- Official university transcripts: Should include the GPA and the course undertaken
- Health certificate
- English language proficiency certificate- TOEFL/IELTS
- A valid copy of identity card and 2 passport-size photos
- Professional experience certificate (for PhD studies)
- Recommendation letter: At least two; one must be form academic referee
- Previous research experience or publications details
- Standardized test results: GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) exam scores
- Personal statement of interest: It should include reasons of applying to the particular course, professional/research interest and accomplishments.
- Curriculum Vitae: It should highlight your academic and professional achievements, educational background, title of thesis done, honors and awards, publications, grants awarded, research interest and references.
- Students are also required to appear for an interview in order to get into the graduate study programme.
Contact the respective university to know more about the admission requirements and application process.